We held our third annual New England 1:1 Summit at Marshall Simonds Middle School this past Saturday. Part of the summit was the first New England Student Showcase, a session that highlighted student work from Burlington and other schools in the area.
As attendees walked through the Marshall Simonds Middle School Learning Commons and spoke with students about their work, it quickly became clear that the students were stealing the show. But isn't this our ultimate goal as educators, setting our students up so that they can go out and "wow" people?
For all of those who brought students to the showcase I say this: "Kudos and mission accomplished!" Check out the brief Storify I put together about the student showcase as well as the great post from Jenn Scheffer on the BHS Help Desk blog.
The following originally appeared on the BHS Help Desk blog.
- Patrick Murphy, Cindy Dunn, Heather Wood, Fox Hill Elementary, Burlington, MAKelly Floyd, Paula Weldon, Rose Magliozzi, Heather Wood, Tara Olshaw, Memorial Elementary, Burlington, MA
- Kim Lynch, Francis Wyman Elementary, Burlington, MA
- Christina Chang, Gina Bauer, Shannon Janovitz, Burlington High School, Burlington, MA
- Nicole Kinney & Alex Caram, Summer Street Elementary School, Lynnfield, MA
- Katie Donovan & Ritamarie Benoit, Alden Elementary School, Duxbury, MA
- Alice Gentili, Miscoe Hill Middle School, Mendon-Upton, MA
- A big thank you to my Help Desk and Web 2.0 students for assisting with the high school tours, attending the Showcase, assisting with creating the Aurasma augmented reality experience, and serving on the Help Desk student panel.